Saturday, May 14, 2011

Brioche Wannabe


I have heard great things about freshly baked bread. People say any bread, even the plain ones made out of only flour, water and yeast, can taste heavenly when they come straight out from the oven.

So I tried to make a brioche this morning for breakfast, following the recipe a good friend gave me. 
Brioche is a French pastry, quoting from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking Volume II, "the wonderfully buttery, light, and thoroughly delectable texture of fresh brioches may persuade you they are manna from another planet."


Yes, my brioche is buttery, it looks and smells extremely luscious while baking in the oven. But it is not quite airy. The texture is half-scone, half-bread. Oh well, since the purpose of this blog is to keep a record of the things I made, successful or not, I will still post them up. :p I'm calling mine the Brioche Wannabe. I served it hot with butter and liver pâté, they go really well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment