Friday, May 20, 2011

Grilled Mackerel & Homemade Lemon Linguine


I love making my own pasta! I don't have a pasta machine, so I had to knead knead knead and roll roll roll. It takes a bit of effort but it's all worth it! The pasta you make yourself is healthy, with no preservatives, and  most importantly, it's very very al dente! 

I followed this recipe for making the pasta: 2 and 1/4 cups of plain flour, 3 eggs, and a pinch of salt. You may also add in different ingredients, say, minced garlic, chopped herbs or tomato paste to create a pretty flavored pasta!



Now am placing my little pasta nests under the sun to dry them up.


I roughly followed Jamie Oliver's lemon linguine recipe, drizzled some lemon juice and olive oil on top of my cooked linguine, seasoned it with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and mixed in a bunch of basil leaves and lemon zest. 

The mackerel (recipe adapted from Donal Skehan) was really easy and took me only 8 minutes to cook. I rubbed in olive oil, minced garlic and chilli, sea salt and ground pepper, lemon juice and zest on both sides of the fillet and let it cook on my lovely grill pan. So light, so tasty and healthy, I will have it for lunch very often from now on. :)


I will end this post with a cute little poem for all pasta-lovers. I found this poem from the Pioneer Woman website. Enjoy!

I love pasta in the morning.
I love pasta at night.

I love pasta when I’m happy
And when I’m filled with fright.
Pasta makes me happy.
Pasta makes me free.
I like to eat pasta
When I’m tuning into Glee.



Love, the Poet Laureate of County Road 4223

No comments:

Post a Comment