Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hot & Sweet Drumsticks


My mom said we all need to diet and asked me to stop making so many snacks and desserts until my sister's big day is over. But I refuse to leave my kitchen, my home, so I am going to do more main-course dishes instead for now. 

I was in the mood for something nice and hot so I made this Hot & Sweet Drumsticks. It feeds my crave for strong flavors and the sweetness of the apricot preserves leaves a smile on my face.


Apricot preserves, soy sauce, ketchup, Tabasco and minced garlic is everything you need to make the sauce. Once the sauce is cooked and thick, pour it over the drumsticks, set aside and let it marinate itself. Shove it in the oven, and viola! No pain, no sweat. 


The recipe is adapted from the Tasty Kitchen. Instead of baking the chicken immediately after pouring the sauce over it, I let it marinate for an hour so the thick flesh will carry the strong flavor as well. Another thing I would do next time, in addition to the recipe, is to hold a bit of the sauce cooked and pour it only after baking. That should give the chicken a much darker and strikingly attractive look.

No comments:

Post a Comment